Wanda, Sunseeker start tech communication
David Huang, vice president of Wanda Cultural Tourism Institute, discussed with Stewart McIntyre, managing director of Sunseeker International Ltd, on several technical issues as the first step for Wanda to step into the yacht business.
McIntyre introduced about Sunseeker yachts’ type, manufacturing process, factory construction and requirements. Both sides held in-depth discussion about planning and designing yacht manufacturing bases.
On June 19, Wanda and British yacht company Sunseeker International Ltd, announced that they have entered a definitive agreement under which Wanda will acquire a majority shareholding of 91.81% in Sunseeker, with the remaining 8.19% to be acquired by Sunseeker management. The deal has a total investment value of GBP320 million and is expected to close by mid-August.